In our life we meet with two types of people. On type of people does not believe on dreams. They deny the significance of the dreams and disregard them. The other type of people is that who totally rely on dreams. They have strong believe that dreams control their life. They have so much strong believe on dreams that they make decisions according to their dreams. Interpretation of dreams has so much importance. It is a very popular thing. In Abassi Caliphate was so much popular that some people spent their whole life in specializing it. About dreams it is said by Hazrat Mohammad (PBUH) and narrates by Hazrat Anas Bin Malik that:-
“A good dream (that comes true) of a righteous man is one of forty-six parts of prophet hood.” [Sahih al-Bukhari]
In Islam that meaning of dream interpretation is to analyze the past and future situations. It is the 46 parts of prophecy.
Rules about interpretations of dream
- It is narrated by Hazrat Abu Hurrairah that Hazrat Mohammad (PBUH) said that:-
“There are three types of dreams: 1) True Dreams 2) A dream in which a person is speaking to himself (i.e. whatever you were thinking about in the day time, you see at night) 3) A dream from shaytaan in which he wants to make you sad”.
It is said that a good dream is from Allah so we should say thanks to Allah Almighty and a bad dream is from Shaytan so we should not tell this bad dream to anyone. It is said in Hadith that:-
“If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him.”
- It is a frequently asked question that every dream of a believer is good or not? The answer of it is that mostly dreams are good but sometimes believers see the meaningless dreams. There are three types of people whose dreams can be true or not.
- Prophets: – Most of their dreams are true but sometimes they also have the need of interpretation when they see the symbols
- The true believer: – Some of their dreams are directed but most of the dreams are symbolic and have the need of interpretation.
- Common people: – Some of their dreams can be true but most of the dreams cannot be true.
- The next common question is to whom you should mention your dreams for interpretation. It is said by Hazrat Mohammad (PBUH) that :-
“You should not mention this dream to an envious person”
- The time of the dream matters a lot. We face the question that night time dream are true or day time dream. It is said by Ibn E Sirini that:-
“Dreams of day time are equal to the dreams of night.”
- When the same dream is repeated then it shows about the truth of the dream.
- It is narrated by Hazrat Abu Hurraira (RA) that Hazrta Mohammad (PBUH) said that:-
“When Time approaches, the dream of the believer rarely would lie.”
Here the meaning of approaching the time is when the time of night approaches the length the time of day.
- When we see good dreams in difficult situation these dreams will be true frequently.
- Too much long dream has very little chances to be true.
- It is a sin to tell that dream which he has not seen.
- It is said by Holy Prophet (PBUH) that:-
A dream is hanging on the leg of a bird (and in another narration on the wing of the bird) as soon as it is interpreted, it happens as it was interpreted.”
So it is important to tell the dream to a scholar for interpretation. May Allah save us from the dreams which come from Satan, give us happiness through our dreams and fulfill our good dreams (Amen).